I have not been to Walgreens to test this program out yet, but I’ve heard a few things that we should all be aware of.
- Points are showing up immediately after making a purchase and will print at the bottom of your receipt.
- You can purchase multiples of the same item and earn points for each item purchased. (Of course, this does not mean we should be clearing shelves. )
- If points are given based on a dollar amount purchase and you have coupons that go below the total, you will still receive your points. ie: You must spend $15, but after coupons your total is $12, you will still receive the points.
If you have any other experiences, please let us know! We’re all learning about this new program together.
Walgreens new Balance Rewards Loyalty Program starts TOMORROW – Sunday, September 16!
You can sign up online here or in-store. You can also go here to see the Terms and Conditions of this new program. I’m going to highlight just a few of the details that I pulled out of the Terms and Conditions.
- The card allows you to access sales and promotional pricing, earn Balance Rewards points, and redeem Points on future purchases.
- Points are not earned in a transaction where Redemption Dollars or Store Credit is used.
- Points will show up in your account 3-5 days after the purchase was made.
- When making purchases, you can choose to either redeem earned Points or continue saving your Points to use on a future purchase. If Member you choose to redeem your points, they will be converted into Redemption Dollars. The value of the Redemption Dollars will be deducted from the total price of the purchase. Points are converted in the following ways:
- 5,000 points = $5
- 10,000 points = $10
- 18,000 points = $20
- 30,000 points = $35
- 40,000 points = $50
- Redemption Dollars will not be paid out in cash or Store Credit.
- Redemption Dollars may not be used for the purchase of the following: dairy; liquor; tobacco; stamps; phone/pre-paid/gift cards; money order/transfers; transportation passes; charitable donations; prescriptions; pseudoephedrine or ephedrine products; immunizations, health tests or other healthcare items or services; Prescription Savings Club membership fee; Take Care Clinic services.
- When returning items paid with Redemption Dollars, the Redemption Dollars will be refunded in the form of
- If you do not earn or redeem Points for 6 consecutive calendar months, the membership will be deemed to be inactive and all accumulated Points will be forfeited. When you are an active member, all Balance Rewards Points expire on a rolling 36 month basis.